Día Internacional por la Libre Educación
An International Freedom in Education Day (IFED), an idea originating this year in France, is proposed for Saturday, September 15th, 2007.
The aim is to promote the idea of the importance of free choice in education, and to spread information about the alternative ways of learning that are available, or are being fought for in various countries.
The focus will be on Home Education, but we also welcome alternative and free schools to take part in this global event.
The interest is increasing in Europe and internationally. Events related to IFED may take place throughout the whole month of September. Still, on September the 15th, we plan to have many events celebrating Freedom in Education simultaneously in many countries all over the world.
We hope to celebrate freedom in education with activities for children as for example an 'Education wish tree' where children tell us about how they would like to be educated and other friendly activities.
In Paris, a giant picnic on the theme of home education is planned, preceded by a press conference on September 10th.
In London, a Home Education Fair is planned. For more details please contact us:
In Vienna, an evening event on September 7th, will be dedicated for a discussion of Freedom in Education, and the practice of home education and unschooling.
During the week preceding or following September 15th, there will be a gathering in front of the European Parliament in Strasbourg. This gives a possibility to highlight the topic "Human Rights and Home Education".
French home educators are creating this website for the Freedom in Education Day. Here we will publish all information and/or links to events on or around the 15th of September (conferences, gatherings, education fairs, etc.), where ever they may take place and in whatever language, so please send us your projected events.
We will also post links to other websites and announcements in other countries. If your native language is not English, French, German, Italian or Spanish, please send us a short English description and in your native language, of your event that you would like placed on the website.
So please tell us about your planned events, no matter how small it may seem! We'll be great in numbers
El 15 de septiembre se celebra el día de la libre educación en todo el mundo. ALE durante los días 14, 15 y 16 va a celebrar diferentes actos con carácter lúdico y reivindicativo.
- Día 14 en Irún - País Vasco: Mesa informativa, espectáculo y taller de malabares para los niños, taller de pintura infantil y reparto de galletas. Distribución de copias del manifiesto y folletos informativos. Por la tarde, la presidenta de ALE, Sorina Oprean, dará una conferencia.
- Día 14 en Badajoz - Extremadura: Encuentro de familias y reparto de folletos.
- Día 15 en Alcoy - Com. Valenciana: Mesa informativa con reparto de folletos y una mesa redonda debatiendo sobre las necesidades de libertad de la educación en nuestro país.
- Día 15 en Tenerife - Canarias: Encuentro de familias y reparto de folletos.
- Día 16 en Ixuxu - Asturias: Merienda con familias y reparto de folletos.